Mar 26, 2013

Essay Deadline

Tomorrow is the deadline for the essay which we were given before Christmas but I actually handed mine in today. We have had a good few months to complete the essay and I got the majority done around the Christmas period so the experience hasn't been so stressful! I'm glad it's done with though as writing isn't my strongest point, I wouldn't say I'm bad at it but I'm better at other things. I'm even more glad to say that the essay was the last one I will ever have to write in my life! (Hopefully!)

The brief was pretty open for the essay which I don't know if that was a good or bad thing but mine was titled, 'Have ways of promoting yourself as a successful freelance graphic designer altered within the last 60 years?'. I have written a few essays before but this was the longest one I've had to write even though the word count was 5000-8000 which isn't that bad I guess! 15000 would have been a lot worse! I'm glad it's out of the way now anyway!

Towards the end of the lesson we also had a talk from photographer, Kerry Harrison which was really interesting and he seemed like a nice guy. I am a fan of photography even though I'm not that good at it so it was good to look at some of his work and the videos he has made were also very impressive and professional.